Hot rolled stainless steel sheet is a type of stainless steel sheet that is produced using the hot rolling process. In this process, stainless steel is heated above its recrystallization temperature and then passed through rollers at high temperatures. This method is used to create stainless steel sheets that have certain characteristics that are different from cold-rolled stainless steel sheets.
Contact us now, you will get cheap price with shipping cost from Hot Rolled Stainless Steel Sheet supplier & factory in China.
Metal In China® is a trusted stainless steel supplier in China. Stainless steel products cover plates, coils and pipes. We have a large inventory of 200 series, 300 series and 400 series stainless steel products. The most popular stainless steel grades in the market are 201, 304, 310, 316, 410, 420, 430, 2205 and 904L etc. We support customization of various surface treatments, including brushed, 2b, ba, polished and mirror (8k, rose gold), etc. We are very happy to provide each customer with a customized and reasonable quotation, including free sample delivery, contact us now.
Metal In China® supports various surface customization of stainless steel, including NO.1(Hot Rolled), NO.2B(Cold Rolled), Hairline, Brushed, BA, NO.3, NO.4, NO.240, NO.400, NO.8 etc. Please contact us now!
Hot rolled stainless steel sheets are produced through a process of hot rolling, which involves heating the stainless steel material and passing it through a series of rolling mills. Here are some features and benefits of hot rolled stainless steel sheets:
- Strength and Durability: Hot rolled stainless steel sheets exhibit high strength and durability, making them suitable for applications that require structural integrity and load-bearing capacity. They can withstand heavy loads and provide excellent resistance to deformation and bending.
- Cost-Effective: Hot rolled stainless steel sheets offer a cost-effective solution compared to some other stainless steel production methods. The hot rolling process is efficient and can be performed at a relatively lower cost, making these sheets a cost-effective choice for various applications.
Hot Rolled Stainless Steel Sheet Manufacturer
China Hot Rolled Stainless Steel Sheet Factory
- Availability and Range of Sizes: Hot rolled stainless steel sheets are available in a wide range of sizes and thicknesses. This allows for flexibility in design and construction, as they can be easily tailored to meet specific project requirements.
- Surface Finish: Hot rolled stainless steel sheets have a characteristic scale or oxide layer on their surface, which gives them a unique appearance. This surface finish can vary depending on the specific manufacturing process and is often described as a “scaled” or “rough” finish.
Hot Rolled Stainless Steel Sheet Factory in Stock
Hot Rolled Stainless Steel Sheet Supplier
- Easy Formability: Hot rolled stainless steel sheets have good formability, allowing for easy shaping, bending, and fabrication into various shapes and components. They can be readily formed into complex structures, providing flexibility in design and construction.
- Rapid Production: The hot rolling process is relatively fast and efficient, enabling rapid production of stainless steel sheets. This makes hot rolled stainless steel sheets readily available in the market and suitable for projects with tight timelines.
Hot Rolled Stainless Steel Sheet Manufacturer
Hot Rolled Stainless Steel Sheet Supplier
- Versatility: Hot rolled stainless steel sheets find applications in a wide range of industries and sectors. They are commonly used in construction, automotive, manufacturing, and industrial sectors. They are employed in structural components, machinery parts, storage tanks, and other applications requiring strength and durability.
- Weldability: Hot rolled stainless steel sheets have good weldability, allowing for easy fabrication and joining. They can be welded using common welding techniques, such as TIG (tungsten inert gas) or MIG (metal inert gas) welding.
- Recyclability: Like other stainless steel grades, hot rolled stainless steel sheets are fully recyclable. They can be melted down and reused, contributing to sustainable practices and reducing environmental impact.
Wholesale Hot Rolled Stainless Steel Sheet
Hot Rolled Stainless Steel Sheet Supplier in China
China Hot Rolled Stainless Steel Sheet Supplier
China 200 Series Stainless Steel Sheet Factory in Stock
|Finish||NO.1(Hot Rolled), NO.2B(Cold Rolled), Hairline, Brushed, BA, NO.3, NO.4, NO.240, NO.400, NO.8 etc.|
|Thickness||3mm-15mm (Hot Rolled) ;0.3mm-8mm (Cold Rolled) can be customized ;|
|Width||1000mm/1250mm/1500mm, can be customized|
|Package||clients' requirement and Standard export sea-worthy packing|
The manufacturing technology for hot rolled stainless steel sheets typically involves several processes to transform raw materials into the final product. Here is an overview of the typical manufacturing process:
- Melting and Casting: The process begins with melting the raw materials in an electric arc furnace or an induction furnace. The raw materials usually include iron, chromium, nickel, and other alloying elements required to achieve the desired composition of the stainless steel. The molten metal is then cast into large slabs or billets.
- Hot Rolling: The cast slabs or billets are heated to a high temperature and then passed through a series of rolling mills. The hot rolling process reduces the thickness of the stainless steel and shapes it into long, flat sheets. This process also helps to refine the microstructure and mechanical properties of the stainless steel.
- Descaling: After hot rolling, the stainless steel sheets may undergo a descaling process to remove any scale or oxide layers from the surface. Descaling is typically done using high-pressure water jets or acid pickling, which help to clean the surface and prepare it for further processing.
- Edge Trimming: The hot rolled stainless steel sheets are trimmed to achieve precise dimensions and remove any irregular edges or surface defects. Edge trimming can be done using shearing or guillotine cutting machines.
- Cooling and Coiling: After trimming, the hot rolled stainless steel sheets are cooled and coiled for easier handling and transportation. The sheets are typically passed through cooling beds or water quenching systems to reduce their temperature and stabilize their structure before coiling.
- Surface Treatment: Hot rolled stainless steel sheets may undergo further surface treatment processes, depending on the desired finish and application requirements. This can include processes such as grinding, polishing, or brushing to achieve a smoother surface or a specific surface finish.
- Quality Control: Throughout the manufacturing process, the hot rolled stainless steel sheets undergo rigorous quality control inspections. This includes checking for dimensional accuracy, surface defects, mechanical properties, and chemical composition to ensure they meet the required specifications and standards.
- Packaging and Delivery: Once the hot rolled stainless steel sheets pass quality control, they are typically packaged and prepared for delivery. They may be wrapped in protective materials, such as plastic or paper, to prevent damage during transportation.
Hot rolled stainless steel sheets are commonly used in various applications due to their excellent mechanical properties and versatility. Here are some common applications of hot rolled stainless steel sheets:
- Structural Components: Hot rolled stainless steel sheets find application in structural components such as beams, columns, and support systems. They provide high strength, durability, and load-bearing capacity, making them suitable for construction and infrastructure projects.
- Industrial Equipment: Hot rolled stainless steel sheets are used in the manufacturing of industrial equipment and machinery. They are employed for components such as storage tanks, pressure vessels, boilers, heat exchangers, and process piping systems that require high strength, corrosion resistance, and durability.
- Automotive Industry: Hot rolled stainless steel sheets find application in the automotive industry for manufacturing various components. They are used for body panels, frames, exhaust systems, and other parts that require strength, corrosion resistance, and aesthetic appeal.
- Food Processing and Hygienic Applications: Hot rolled stainless steel sheets are utilized in the food processing industry for manufacturing equipment that requires hygienic and corrosion-resistant surfaces. They are employed for production lines, conveyor systems, storage tanks, and processing equipment.
- Decorative and Architectural Applications: Hot rolled stainless steel sheets can be used in decorative and architectural applications. They are employed for interior and exterior cladding, decorative panels, handrails, and other design elements due to their aesthetic appeal, corrosion resistance, and durability.
- Energy and Power Generation: Hot rolled stainless steel sheets find application in the energy and power generation sectors. They are used for manufacturing components such as turbine blades, steam turbines, generators, and nuclear reactor vessels that require high strength, heat resistance, and corrosion resistance.
- Shipbuilding and Marine Applications: Hot rolled stainless steel sheets are employed in shipbuilding and marine applications. They are used for constructing ship hulls, decks, superstructures, and other marine components due to their corrosion resistance, strength, and ability to withstand harsh marine environments.
- Appliance Manufacturing: Hot rolled stainless steel sheets find application in the manufacturing of household appliances. They are used for producing kitchen appliances such as refrigerators, ovens, cooktops, and dishwashers, as well as for laundry appliances like washing machines and dryers.
Packaging for stainless steel sheets must be designed to protect the product from physical damage, dust, and moisture during storage and transportation. It varies among manufacturers and is usually tailored to fit the size and quantity of the sheets and the specific requirements of the customer. Here’s a general overview of the packaging process:
- Surface Protection: The stainless steel sheets are typically protected with a removable plastic film, which provides a barrier against scratches and other surface damages.
- Bundling: The sheets are often stacked and then bundled together. This can be done with narrow strips of metal, plastic straps, or heavy-duty tape. The number of sheets per bundle can vary depending on the size of the sheets and the requirements of the customer.
Stainless Steel Sheet Package 1
- Padding: Padding material may be used between sheets to prevent them from scratching each other. This is especially important for sheets with polished or otherwise finished surfaces.
- Packing: The bundles of stainless steel sheets are often packed in wooden cases or pallets for added protection. The packing material can also include protective corner covers and edge protectors to safeguard against damage during handling and transport.
Stainless Steel Sheet Package 2
- Sealing: The entire package might be shrink-wrapped in plastic to provide protection from dust and moisture.
- Labeling: Each package is labeled with the necessary information including product details, size, grade, quantity, etc.
Stainless Steel Sheet Package 3
This is a general approach to packaging, and it can vary depending on the specific supplier or the transportation method. It’s always a good idea to ask your supplier about their packaging methods to ensure it suits your requirements.