904L Stainless Steel is a type of austenitic stainless steel, known for its high alloy composition. This high alloying level gives it superior resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion, especially compared to conventional stainless steels like Type 316L. 904L contains significant amounts of elements such as chromium, nickel, molybdenum, and copper.
Contact us now, you will get cheap price with shipping cost from 904L Stainless Steel Sheet supplier & factory in China.
Metal In China® is a trusted stainless steel supplier in China. Stainless steel products cover plates, coils and pipes. We have a large inventory of 200 series, 300 series and 400 series stainless steel products. The most popular stainless steel grades in the market are 201, 304, 310, 316, 410, 420, 430, 2205 and 904L etc. We support customization of various surface treatments, including brushed, 2b, ba, polished and mirror (8k, rose gold), etc. We are very happy to provide each customer with a customized and reasonable quotation, including free sample delivery, contact us now.
Metal In China® supports various surface customization of stainless steel, including NO.1(Hot Rolled), NO.2B(Cold Rolled), Hairline, Brushed, BA, NO.3, NO.4, NO.240, NO.400, NO.8 etc. Please contact us now!
904L stainless steel sheets are a high-alloy austenitic stainless steel known for their exceptional corrosion resistance and high strength. Here are some features and benefits of 904L stainless steel sheets:
- Corrosion Resistance: One of the primary advantages of 904L stainless steel sheets is their outstanding corrosion resistance, especially in aggressive environments. They offer excellent resistance to a wide range of corrosive media, including sulfuric acid, phosphoric acid, and chloride-containing solutions. This makes them suitable for applications in industries such as chemical processing, petrochemical, and marine.
- Pitting and Crevice Corrosion Resistance: 904L stainless steel sheets exhibit exceptional resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion, which are localized forms of corrosion commonly encountered in chloride-rich environments. This property allows them to maintain their integrity and resist corrosion damage even in harsh conditions.
904L Stainless Steel Sheet Manufacturer
China 904L Stainless Steel Sheet Factory
- High Strength: 904L stainless steel sheets have high tensile strength, which provides excellent structural integrity and load-bearing capacity. They are suitable for applications that require strength and durability, particularly in aggressive and corrosive environments.
- Excellent Formability: 904L stainless steel sheets have good formability, allowing for easy shaping, bending, and fabrication into various shapes and components. They can be readily formed into complex structures without compromising their corrosion resistance.
904L Stainless Steel Sheet Factory in Stock
904L Stainless Steel Sheet Supplier
- Weldability: 904L stainless steel sheets exhibit good weldability and can be welded using common welding techniques. This enables easy fabrication and joining of components, providing flexibility in design and construction.
- Heat Resistance: 904L stainless steel sheets offer good heat resistance, making them suitable for applications involving high temperatures. They can withstand elevated temperatures without significant loss of mechanical properties or corrosion resistance.
904L Stainless Steel Sheet Manufacturer
904L Stainless Steel Sheet Supplier
- Low Carbon Content: 904L stainless steel sheets have a low carbon content, which enhances their resistance to sensitization and intergranular corrosion. This property makes them less susceptible to corrosion and degradation in high-temperature environments.
- Low Magnetic Permeability: 904L stainless steel sheets typically exhibit low magnetic permeability, which can be advantageous in applications where magnetic properties need to be minimized or avoided.
- Long Service Life: Due to their excellent corrosion resistance, strength, and durability, 904L stainless steel sheets offer a long service life, reducing the need for frequent replacements and maintenance.
Wholesale 904L Stainless Steel Sheet
200 Series Stainless Steel Sheet Supplier in China
China 904L Stainless Steel Sheet Supplier
China 904L Stainless Steel Sheet Factory in Stock
|Finish||NO.1(Hot Rolled), NO.2B(Cold Rolled), Hairline, Brushed, BA, NO.3, NO.4, NO.240, NO.400, NO.8 etc.|
|Thickness||3mm-15mm (Hot Rolled) ;0.3mm-8mm (Cold Rolled) can be customized ;|
|Width||1000mm/1250mm/1500mm, can be customized|
|Package||clients' requirement and Standard export sea-worthy packing|
The manufacturing technology for 904L stainless steel sheets typically involves several processes to transform raw materials into the final product. Here is an overview of the typical manufacturing process:
- Melting and Casting: The process begins with melting the raw materials in an electric arc furnace or an induction furnace. The raw materials usually include iron, chromium, nickel, molybdenum, and other alloying elements required to achieve the desired composition of 904L stainless steel. The molten metal is then cast into large ingots or billets.
- Hot Rolling: The cast ingots or billets are heated and passed through a series of rolling mills to reduce the thickness and shape them into long, flat sheets. The hot rolling process helps to refine the grain structure and improve the mechanical properties of the stainless steel.
- Annealing and Descaling: After hot rolling, the stainless steel sheets undergo an annealing process. Annealing involves heating the sheets to a specific temperature and holding them at that temperature for a period of time, followed by controlled cooling. This process helps to relieve internal stresses and further refine the microstructure of the stainless steel. Descaling may also be performed during this stage to remove any scale or oxide layers from the surface.
- Cold Rolling: The annealed and descaled stainless steel sheets are then cold rolled to achieve the desired thickness, smoothness, and dimensional accuracy. Cold rolling involves passing the sheets through a series of rolling mills at room temperature, gradually reducing the thickness while imparting a smooth surface finish.
- Pickling and Passivation: The cold-rolled stainless steel sheets are subjected to a pickling process to remove any scale, oxide layers, or other impurities from the surface. Pickling is usually done using an acid solution that dissolves the surface impurities, leaving behind a clean and smooth surface. Passivation may also be performed to enhance the corrosion resistance of the stainless steel by forming a protective oxide layer on the surface.
- Cutting and Slitting: The pickled and passivated stainless steel sheets are cut into desired sizes using shearing or guillotine cutting machines. Slitting machines can also be used to slit the sheets into narrower strips if required for specific applications.
- Surface Finishing: The surface of the stainless steel sheets undergoes various finishing processes to achieve the desired surface quality. This may include processes such as grinding, polishing, or brushing to remove any surface defects, improve the smoothness, and enhance the aesthetic appearance of the sheets.
- Quality Control: Throughout the manufacturing process, the stainless steel sheets undergo rigorous quality control inspections. This includes checking for dimensional accuracy, surface defects, mechanical properties, and chemical composition to ensure they meet the required specifications and standards.
- Packaging and Delivery: Once the stainless steel sheets pass quality control, they are typically packaged and prepared for delivery. They may be packed in protective materials such as plastic or paper to prevent damage during transportation.
904L stainless steel is a high-alloy austenitic stainless steel known for its excellent corrosion resistance, particularly in aggressive environments. It offers superior resistance to corrosion, pitting, and crevice corrosion in a wide range of chemicals and acidic conditions. Here are some common applications of 904L stainless steel sheets:
- Chemical and Petrochemical Industries: 904L stainless steel sheets are extensively used in the chemical and petrochemical industries due to their exceptional corrosion resistance. They are employed in the construction of storage tanks, pressure vessels, piping systems, heat exchangers, and other equipment that handle corrosive chemicals and acidic solutions.
- Oil and Gas Industry: 904L stainless steel is widely used in the oil and gas industry, especially in offshore and subsea environments where resistance to corrosive seawater and harsh chemicals is crucial. It finds application in the construction of offshore platforms, subsea pipelines, risers, umbilicals, and other components exposed to corrosive environments.
- Desalination Plants: Desalination plants require materials that can withstand the highly corrosive nature of seawater. 904L stainless steel sheets are suitable for the construction of desalination equipment such as evaporators, heat exchangers, piping systems, and seawater intake structures due to their superior corrosion resistance and durability.
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industries: 904L stainless steel is used in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, particularly in equipment that requires resistance to corrosive solutions and sterile environments. It finds application in the manufacturing of reactors, tanks, valves, and other components for chemical processing and sterile production.
- Food and Beverage Processing: 904L stainless steel sheets are employed in the food and beverage processing industry due to their corrosion resistance and hygienic properties. They are used for manufacturing equipment such as storage tanks, piping systems, heat exchangers, and processing vessels that handle corrosive food products and require high cleanliness standards.
- Marine Applications: 904L stainless steel exhibits excellent resistance to corrosion in marine environments and finds application in various marine components. It is used for manufacturing boat and ship fittings, propeller shafts, seawater cooling systems, and other marine structures that require exceptional corrosion resistance and durability.
- Heat Exchangers and Condensers: Due to its resistance to corrosion and pitting, 904L stainless steel sheets are employed in heat exchangers and condensers used in various industries. They are suitable for applications involving heat transfer and fluid handling, where resistance to corrosive environments is critical.
- Architectural Applications: 904L stainless steel sheets can be used in architectural and decorative applications where corrosion resistance and aesthetic appeal are desired. They are employed for building facades, roofing, handrails, and other architectural elements in corrosive environments, such as coastal areas.
Packaging for stainless steel sheets must be designed to protect the product from physical damage, dust, and moisture during storage and transportation. It varies among manufacturers and is usually tailored to fit the size and quantity of the sheets and the specific requirements of the customer. Here’s a general overview of the packaging process:
- Surface Protection: The stainless steel sheets are typically protected with a removable plastic film, which provides a barrier against scratches and other surface damages.
- Bundling: The sheets are often stacked and then bundled together. This can be done with narrow strips of metal, plastic straps, or heavy-duty tape. The number of sheets per bundle can vary depending on the size of the sheets and the requirements of the customer.
Stainless Steel Sheet Package 1
- Padding: Padding material may be used between sheets to prevent them from scratching each other. This is especially important for sheets with polished or otherwise finished surfaces.
- Packing: The bundles of stainless steel sheets are often packed in wooden cases or pallets for added protection. The packing material can also include protective corner covers and edge protectors to safeguard against damage during handling and transport.
Stainless Steel Sheet Package 2
- Sealing: The entire package might be shrink-wrapped in plastic to provide protection from dust and moisture.
- Labeling: Each package is labeled with the necessary information including product details, size, grade, quantity, etc.
Stainless Steel Sheet Package 3
This is a general approach to packaging, and it can vary depending on the specific supplier or the transportation method. It’s always a good idea to ask your supplier about their packaging methods to ensure it suits your requirements.