301 Stainless Steel is an austenitic stainless steel, part of the 300 series, known for its high strength and good corrosion resistance. It has lower chromium and nickel content than 304 stainless steel but includes a higher level of carbon. The key composition typically includes around 16-18% chromium, 6-8% nickel, and up to 0.15% carbon.
Contact us now, you will get cheap price with shipping cost from 301 Stainless Steel Sheet supplier & factory in China.
Metal In China® is a trusted stainless steel supplier in China. Stainless steel products cover plates, coils and pipes. We have a large inventory of 200 series, 300 series and 400 series stainless steel products. The most popular stainless steel grades in the market are 201, 304, 310, 316, 410, 420, 430, 2205 and 904L etc. We support customization of various surface treatments, including brushed, 2b, ba, polished and mirror (8k, rose gold), etc. We are very happy to provide each customer with a customized and reasonable quotation, including free sample delivery, contact us now.
Metal In China® supports various surface customization of stainless steel, including NO.1(Hot Rolled), NO.2B(Cold Rolled), Hairline, Brushed, BA, NO.3, NO.4, NO.240, NO.400, NO.8 etc. Please contact us now!
301 stainless steel sheets offer several features and benefits that make them popular in various applications. Here are some key features and benefits of 301 stainless steel sheets:
- High Strength: 301 stainless steel has excellent strength properties, making it suitable for applications that require good mechanical strength and durability. It has a high tensile strength, allowing it to withstand heavy loads and mechanical stress.
- Corrosion Resistance: While not as corrosion-resistant as some other stainless steel grades like 304 or 316, 301 stainless steel still provides good resistance to corrosion in mild environments. It is particularly resistant to atmospheric corrosion and mildly corrosive chemicals.
301 Stainless Steel Sheet Manufacturer
China 301 Stainless Steel Sheet Factory
- Formability: 301 stainless steel is highly formable, which means it can be easily shaped and manipulated into various forms without sacrificing its mechanical properties. It can be rolled, bent, and formed into different shapes and structures, making it versatile for different manufacturing processes.
- Spring Properties: One of the notable characteristics of 301 stainless steel is its ability to retain its spring properties even after significant deformation. This makes it a preferred choice for applications that require springs or components with excellent elastic properties, such as springs, clips, and fasteners.
301 Stainless Steel Sheet Factory in Stock
301 Stainless Steel Sheet Supplier
- Heat Resistance: 301 stainless steel has good heat resistance, allowing it to withstand high temperatures without significant deformation or loss of mechanical properties. This makes it suitable for applications where exposure to elevated temperatures is a factor, such as certain automotive components and industrial equipment.
- Low Magnetic Permeability: 301 stainless steel is generally considered to be non-magnetic in its annealed condition. This property can be advantageous in applications where magnetic interference needs to be minimized, such as in electronic devices or certain scientific and medical equipment.
301 Stainless Steel Sheet Manufacturer
301 Stainless Steel Sheet Supplier
- Cost-Effective: Compared to some other stainless steel grades, such as 304 or 316, 301 stainless steel is generally more cost-effective. It offers a good balance of strength, corrosion resistance, and formability at a relatively lower cost, making it an attractive option for various applications.
Wholesale 301 Stainless Steel Sheet
301 Stainless Steel Sheet Supplier in China
China 301 Stainless Steel Sheet Supplier
China 301 Stainless Steel Sheet Factory in Stock
|Finish||NO.1(Hot Rolled), NO.2B(Cold Rolled), Hairline, Brushed, BA, NO.3, NO.4, NO.240, NO.400, NO.8 etc.|
|Thickness||3mm-15mm (Hot Rolled) ;0.3mm-8mm (Cold Rolled) can be customized ;|
|Width||1000mm/1250mm/1500mm, can be customized|
|Package||clients' requirement and Standard export sea-worthy packing|
The manufacturing technology for 301stainless steel sheets is largely similar to that of other types of stainless steel. The basic steps include:
- Melting: The raw materials (iron, chromium, nickel, manganese, and other elements) are melted together in an electric furnace. The mixture is heated to a specific temperature for a certain period of time to ensure the elements fully combine.
- Casting: The molten steel is then cast into a billet, bloom, or slab, depending on the final product desired. This is typically done using a continuous casting process.
- Hot Rolling: The cast steel is then heated and passed through a series of rollers in a hot rolling mill to achieve the desired thickness. This process also improves the structure and grain size of the steel.
- Cold Rolling: After hot rolling and cooling, the steel is then cold rolled to achieve even more precise dimensions and a better surface finish. Cold rolling also increases the strength of the material.
- Annealing: The cold-rolled steel is then annealed, or heat-treated, to restore its ductility and relieve internal stresses. This is typically done in a furnace under controlled conditions.
- Descaling: After annealing, a layer of scale is typically present on the steel surface, which must be removed. This is typically done through a process of pickling or electrocleaning.
- Cutting: The stainless steel is cut into sheets of the required size.
- Finishing: Depending on the requirements of the specific application, the sheets may undergo various finishing processes to achieve the desired appearance and properties. This could include polishing to achieve a smooth surface or applying a protective coating.
301 stainless steel is a popular grade of stainless steel that offers good strength and corrosion resistance. It is often used in various applications where high strength and moderate corrosion resistance are required. Here are some common applications of 301 stainless steel sheets:
- Automotive Industry: 301 stainless steel sheets are used in automotive components such as trim, exhaust systems, brackets, and decorative parts. The high strength of this grade allows it to withstand mechanical stress and vibrations.
- Aerospace Industry: Due to its excellent strength-to-weight ratio, 301 stainless steel sheets are used in aircraft structures, including wings, fuselage components, and landing gear parts. Its resistance to corrosion makes it suitable for aviation applications.
- Electronics Industry: 301 stainless steel sheets find application in the electronics industry for manufacturing components like connectors, springs, and contacts. The material’s ability to retain its spring properties under high stress and its resistance to corrosion make it suitable for these applications.
- Medical Devices: Stainless steel, including 301 grade, is widely used in the manufacturing of medical devices such as surgical instruments, dental tools, orthopedic implants, and medical equipment. Its biocompatibility and resistance to corrosion make it suitable for these critical applications.
- Chemical Processing Equipment: 301 stainless steel sheets are used in the construction of tanks, valves, and fittings for chemical processing plants. Its resistance to corrosion from chemicals and acids makes it a preferred material for such equipment.
- Food Processing Industry: Stainless steel sheets, including 301 grade, are used in food processing equipment such as conveyors, mixing tanks, and storage containers. The material is hygienic, easy to clean, and resistant to food acids and corrosion, ensuring food safety.
- Springs and Fasteners: 301 stainless steel sheets are widely used in the manufacturing of springs, washers, fasteners, and clips. Its high tensile strength and excellent spring properties allow it to withstand repeated cycles of stress and provide reliable performance.
Packaging for stainless steel sheets must be designed to protect the product from physical damage, dust, and moisture during storage and transportation. It varies among manufacturers and is usually tailored to fit the size and quantity of the sheets and the specific requirements of the customer. Here’s a general overview of the packaging process:
- Surface Protection: The stainless steel sheets are typically protected with a removable plastic film, which provides a barrier against scratches and other surface damages.
- Bundling: The sheets are often stacked and then bundled together. This can be done with narrow strips of metal, plastic straps, or heavy-duty tape. The number of sheets per bundle can vary depending on the size of the sheets and the requirements of the customer.
Stainless Steel Sheet Package 1
- Padding: Padding material may be used between sheets to prevent them from scratching each other. This is especially important for sheets with polished or otherwise finished surfaces.
- Packing: The bundles of stainless steel sheets are often packed in wooden cases or pallets for added protection. The packing material can also include protective corner covers and edge protectors to safeguard against damage during handling and transport.
Stainless Steel Sheet Package 2
- Sealing: The entire package might be shrink-wrapped in plastic to provide protection from dust and moisture.
- Labeling: Each package is labeled with the necessary information including product details, size, grade, quantity, etc.
Stainless Steel Sheet Package 3
This is a general approach to packaging, and it can vary depending on the specific supplier or the transportation method. It’s always a good idea to ask your supplier about their packaging methods to ensure it suits your requirements.