430 stainless steel coil is a ferritic stainless steel coil that belongs to the 400 series of stainless steels. It is composed of chromium and a small amount of nickel, which gives it good corrosion resistance and other mechanical properties.
Contact us now, you will get cheap price with shipping cost from 430 Stainless Steel Coil supplier & factory in China.
Metal In China® is a trusted stainless steel supplier in China. Stainless steel products cover plates, coils and pipes. We have a large inventory of 200 series, 300 series and 400 series stainless steel products. The most popular stainless steel grades in the market are 201, 304, 310, 316, 410, 420, 430, 2205 and 904L etc. We support customization of various surface treatments, including brushed, 2b, ba, polished and mirror (8k, rose gold), etc. We are very happy to provide each customer with a customized and reasonable quotation, including free sample delivery, contact us now.
430 stainless steel coil is a widely used ferritic stainless steel with several features and benefits. Here are some key features and benefits of 430 stainless steel coil:
- Corrosion Resistance: 430 stainless steel offers good corrosion resistance in mildly corrosive environments. It is resistant to atmospheric corrosion, fresh water, and most organic acids and organic compounds. However, it is not recommended for use in highly corrosive environments or in contact with chlorides.
430 Stainless Steel Coil For Sale
430 Stainless Steel Coil Factory
- Heat Resistance: 430 stainless steel coil has good heat resistance, allowing it to withstand elevated temperatures without significant loss of strength or corrosion resistance. It is suitable for applications where moderate heat resistance is required.
- Magnetic Properties: 430 stainless steel is magnetic, which makes it suitable for applications where magnetic properties are desired, such as in magnetic components or devices.
- Formability: 430 stainless steel coil exhibits good formability, allowing it to be easily shaped and formed into various structures. It can be rolled, bent, stamped, and deep drawn, making it suitable for a wide range of fabrication processes.
430 Stainless Steel Coil Factory in Stock
430 Stainless Steel Coil Supplier
- Low Maintenance: Due to its corrosion resistance and durability, 430 stainless steel coil requires minimal maintenance. It is resistant to staining, discoloration, and oxidation, reducing the need for frequent cleaning and upkeep.
- Cost-Effective: 430 stainless steel is generally more affordable compared to other stainless steel grades, making it a cost-effective option for applications that do not require high corrosion resistance or extreme temperatures.
430 Stainless Steel Coil Manufacturer
430 Stainless Steel Coil Supplier
- Wide Range of Applications: 430 stainless steel coil finds application in various industries, including automotive, kitchenware, household appliances, architectural, and decorative applications. It is commonly used in kitchen utensils, appliances, sinks, automotive trim, architectural panels, and industrial equipment.
- Good Machinability: 430 stainless steel exhibits good machinability, allowing for ease of machining operations such as drilling, cutting, and turning. It can be readily machined using conventional machining techniques.
Wholesale 430 Stainless Steel Coil
430 Stainless Steel Coil Factory in China
China 430 Stainless Steel Coil Supplier
|Finish||NO.1(Hot Rolled), NO.2B(Cold Rolled), Hairline, Brushed, BA, NO.3, NO.4, NO.240, NO.400, NO.8 etc.|
|Thickness||3mm-15mm (Hot Rolled) ;0.3mm-8mm (Cold Rolled) can be customized ;|
|Width||1000mm/1250mm/1500mm, can be customized|
|Package||Standard seaworthy package(protected by waterproof paper,wrapped in iron sheet, fixed by steel bars)|
430 stainless steel is a type of ferritic stainless steel, which is a category of stainless steels with a crystal structure that is ferrite in nature. They are known for their resistance to stress corrosion cracking and for their ability to be used in a variety of decorative applications due to their luster.
Here is a general overview of how 430 stainless steel coil is manufactured:
- Melting: The raw materials, which include iron, chromium, and other elements depending on the exact formulation of the 430 stainless steel, are melted together in an electric arc furnace.
- Refining: The molten steel is refined to remove impurities and control the composition. This usually involves processes like Argon Oxygen Decarburization (AOD) where carbon content is reduced and other alloying elements are added or adjusted.
- Casting: The refined, molten steel is then cast into large, semi-finished shapes, such as slabs or billets. These shapes are then cooled.
- Hot Rolling: The cast shapes are heated to a high temperature and then hot rolled to reduce their thickness and to break down the cast structure, making the steel more ductile and formable. The result is a hot rolled coil.
- Cold Rolling: The hot rolled coil is further reduced in thickness by cold rolling. This process improves the surface finish and increases the strength of the steel.
- Annealing and Pickling: After cold rolling, the steel coil is annealed, a heat treatment process that softens the steel and relieves internal stresses. After annealing, the coil is pickled in acid to remove any scale that formed during annealing.
- Skin Passing or Temper Rolling: This is a light cold rolling operation which suppresses the appearance of stretcher strain, or “Lüder’s lines”, which can appear after the annealing and pickling process.
- Finishing: Depending on the required properties and the end use, the steel may be further processed. This could include cutting the coil to length, applying a protective coating, or further cold rolling to improve the mechanical properties.
430 stainless steel is a ferritic, straight chromium, non-hardenable grade, combining good corrosion resistance and formability characteristics with useful mechanical properties. Its ability to resist nitric acid attack permits its use in specific chemical applications but automotive trim and appliance components represent its largest fields of application.
Some common applications include:
- Automotive Industry: 430 stainless steel is commonly used in the production of automotive trim due to its excellent formability and resistance to heat.
- Appliances: In home appliances like dishwashers, range hoods, and washing machines, 430 stainless steel is often used due to its resistance to stress corrosion cracking and its ability to maintain its strength and appearance over time.
- Kitchenware: 430 stainless steel is also commonly used in kitchenware such as cutlery, sink, and cooking utensils. Its resistance to food acids makes it useful in this context.
- Architectural Applications: In architecture, 430 stainless steel is used in interior panels, decorative trim, and certain types of roofing due to its excellent finish and resistance to atmospheric corrosion.
- Heating Units: 430 stainless steel’s heat resistance properties make it a good option for use in heat-related appliances like heating units and boilers.
It’s worth noting that although 430 stainless steel has moderate corrosion resistance and is not as resistant to corrosion or high-temperature oxidation as some other types of stainless steel, it is still a very cost-effective and widely used material.
Packaging of stainless steel coil is important to protect the material from damage during transit, handling, and storage. Here is a general overview of how stainless steel coils are packaged:
- Wrapping: The coil is typically first wrapped with a protective material like plastic film or waterproof paper to protect the surface from scratches or other potential damage. This also helps to prevent exposure to moisture which can cause rusting.
Stainless Steel Coil Package 1
- Edge Protection: The edges of the coil are often protected with additional material, such as cardboard or hard plastic edge protectors, to prevent damage to the edges of the coil. This is important because the edges can be particularly susceptible to damage during handling.
- Metal Strapping: Metal straps are usually used to secure the coil and the protective packaging. This helps to ensure the coil stays intact during transportation.
Stainless Steel Coil Package 2
- Wooden Pallet: For additional support, the coil is often placed on a wooden pallet. This provides a solid base for the coil and makes it easier to move with a forklift.
- Outer Packaging: An outer layer of packaging, often made of metal or wood, is sometimes used for additional protection, especially for international shipping where the coils might be exposed to harsh conditions.
Stainless Steel Coil Package 3
- Labeling: Finally, the coil is labeled with important information such as the size, grade, heat number, and any other relevant details about the steel. This helps to ensure the right material gets to the right place.