The 300 series stainless steel coil refers to a group of stainless steel alloys that are characterized by their high levels of chromium and nickel content. The most common grades in this series include 304, 316, 321, and 347.
Contact us now, you will get cheap price with shipping cost from 300 Series Stainless Steel Coil supplier & factory in China.
Metal In China® is a trusted stainless steel supplier in China. Stainless steel products cover plates, coils and pipes. We have a large inventory of 200 series, 300 series and 400 series stainless steel products. The most popular stainless steel grades in the market are 201, 304, 310, 316, 410, 420, 430, 2205 and 904L etc. We support customization of various surface treatments, including brushed, 2b, ba, polished and mirror (8k, rose gold), etc. We are very happy to provide each customer with a customized and reasonable quotation, including free sample delivery, contact us now.
The 300 series stainless steel coil refers to a group of austenitic stainless steel grades, including 301, 302, 304, 304L, 316, 316L, 317, 317L, and 347. These grades share several features and benefits, which are as follows:
- Corrosion Resistance: The 300 series stainless steel coil offers excellent corrosion resistance in various environments, including atmospheric conditions and mild to moderately corrosive media. It exhibits resistance to oxidation, staining, and pitting, making it suitable for a wide range of applications.
- High Strength: The 300 series stainless steel coil has good tensile and yield strength, providing structural integrity and mechanical properties necessary for demanding applications. The strength of these grades can be further enhanced through cold working.
300 Series Stainless Steel Coil For Sale
300 Series Stainless Steel Coil Factory
- Formability: The 300 series stainless steel coil is highly formable, allowing it to be easily shaped and fabricated into different components and structures. It can be rolled, bent, stamped, and deep drawn without sacrificing its properties.
- Versatility: The 300 series stainless steel coil finds extensive applications across various industries due to its versatility. It is commonly used in automotive, aerospace, chemical processing, food processing, medical, and architectural sectors.
300 Series Stainless Steel Coil Factory in Stock
300 Series Stainless Steel Coil Supplier
- Heat Resistance: Certain grades within the 300 series, such as 304, 316, and 321, offer good heat resistance. They can withstand high temperatures without significant degradation, making them suitable for applications involving heat and thermal cycling.
- Hygienic Properties: The 300 series stainless steel coil has smooth, non-porous surfaces that are easy to clean and maintain. It resists the growth of bacteria and is commonly used in food processing equipment, sanitary environments, and medical devices.
300 Series Stainless Steel Coil Manufacturer
300 Series Stainless Steel Coil Supplier
- Excellent Weldability: The 300 series stainless steel coil exhibits good weldability, allowing for easy joining through various welding methods such as TIG (tungsten inert gas) welding and MIG (metal inert gas) welding. This facilitates fabrication and assembly processes.
- Recyclability: Like other stainless steel grades, the 300 series stainless steel coil is recyclable. It can be recycled and reused, contributing to sustainable practices and reducing environmental impact.
- Wide Range of Grades: The 300 series stainless steel coil encompasses various grades that offer different properties and capabilities, allowing for selection based on specific requirements such as corrosion resistance, strength, or heat resistance.
Wholesale 300 Series Stainless Steel Coil
300 Series Stainless Steel Coil Factory in China
China 300 Series Stainless Steel Coil Supplier
|Finish||NO.1(Hot Rolled), NO.2B(Cold Rolled), Hairline, Brushed, BA, NO.3, NO.4, NO.240, NO.400, NO.8 etc.|
|Thickness||3mm-15mm (Hot Rolled) ;0.3mm-8mm (Cold Rolled) can be customized ;|
|Width||1000mm/1250mm/1500mm, can be customized|
|Package||Standard seaworthy package(protected by waterproof paper,wrapped in iron sheet, fixed by steel bars)|
The 300 series encompasses various grades of austenitic stainless steel, such as 304, 316, 321, and others. Here is a general overview of the manufacturing process for 300 series stainless steel coil:
- Melting: The raw materials, including iron, chromium, nickel, and other alloying elements, are melted together in an electric arc furnace or an induction furnace.
- Refining: The molten steel is refined to remove impurities and control the composition. Various refining processes, such as Argon Oxygen Decarburization (AOD) or Vacuum Oxygen Decarburization (VOD), can be employed.
- Casting: The refined molten steel is cast into large semi-finished shapes, such as slabs or billets, through continuous casting or ingot casting. The shapes are then cooled.
- Hot Rolling: The cast shapes are reheated and hot rolled to reduce their thickness and to break down the cast structure, making the steel more ductile and formable. This process creates a hot-rolled coil.
- Cold Rolling: The hot-rolled coil is further reduced in thickness through cold rolling. Cold rolling not only enhances the surface finish but also increases the strength and dimensional accuracy of the stainless steel.
- Annealing: The cold-rolled coil undergoes an annealing process to relieve internal stresses and improve ductility. This process involves heating the coil to a specific temperature and then slowly cooling it down. It helps to refine the grain structure and create a more uniform material.
- Skin Passing: The annealed coil may undergo a skin-pass rolling process to improve the surface finish and flatness. This involves applying light tension and rolling the material through a set of rolls to reduce the roughness and enhance the smoothness of the surface.
- Finishing Operations: After skin passing, the stainless steel coil may undergo additional finishing operations, such as pickling and passivation, to remove scale and stains and to enhance corrosion resistance.
- Cutting and Packaging: The 300 series stainless steel coil is cut into the desired lengths or sizes according to customer requirements. It is then properly packaged and prepared for shipment.
The 300 series of stainless steel is a group of austenitic stainless steels with excellent corrosion resistance and good mechanical properties. This series is composed of several types of stainless steel, including 301, 302, 304, 310, 316, and 321, among others. Each has slightly different alloying elements that give them unique properties, but they all maintain the strong corrosion resistance characteristic of austenitic stainless steel.
Here are some applications for 300 series stainless steel coil:
- Food and Beverage Industry: The 300 series, particularly 304 and 316, is commonly used in the food and beverage industry in brewing equipment, dairy equipment, food processing equipment, and kitchen appliances. This is due to the steel’s resistance to food acids and ease of cleaning.
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Equipment: 300 series stainless steel’s corrosion resistance and ease of sanitation make it ideal for pharmaceutical and medical equipment, where maintaining a sterile environment is crucial.
- Chemical Processing: Certain grades of the 300 series, especially 316, which includes molybdenum for increased corrosion resistance, are used in chemical processing equipment.
- Automotive Applications: Certain parts of automobiles, especially exhaust systems, often use 300 series stainless steel.
- Construction and Architecture: The 300 series is also commonly used in the construction industry for both structural and design elements, including building facades and interior features.
- General Industrial Equipment and Components: Various grades of 300 series stainless steel can be found in a wide range of industrial equipment and components.
The specific grade of 300 series stainless steel chosen will depend on the requirements of the application, such as whether higher corrosion resistance or higher strength is needed, or if the application involves exposure to certain chemicals or high temperatures.
Packaging of stainless steel coil is important to protect the material from damage during transit, handling, and storage. Here is a general overview of how stainless steel coils are packaged:
- Wrapping: The coil is typically first wrapped with a protective material like plastic film or waterproof paper to protect the surface from scratches or other potential damage. This also helps to prevent exposure to moisture which can cause rusting.
Stainless Steel Coil Package 1
- Edge Protection: The edges of the coil are often protected with additional material, such as cardboard or hard plastic edge protectors, to prevent damage to the edges of the coil. This is important because the edges can be particularly susceptible to damage during handling.
- Metal Strapping: Metal straps are usually used to secure the coil and the protective packaging. This helps to ensure the coil stays intact during transportation.
Stainless Steel Coil Package 2
- Wooden Pallet: For additional support, the coil is often placed on a wooden pallet. This provides a solid base for the coil and makes it easier to move with a forklift.
- Outer Packaging: An outer layer of packaging, often made of metal or wood, is sometimes used for additional protection, especially for international shipping where the coils might be exposed to harsh conditions.
Stainless Steel Coil Package 3
- Labeling: Finally, the coil is labeled with important information such as the size, grade, heat number, and any other relevant details about the steel. This helps to ensure the right material gets to the right place.