ASTM A105 is a specification established by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) that covers forged carbon steel piping components for ambient- and higher-temperature service in pressure systems. These components include flanges, fittings, valves, and similar parts ordered either to dimensions specified by the purchaser or to dimensional standards such as the ASME and API specifications.
Contact us now, you will get cheap price with shipping cost from Square Carbon Welded Steel Pipe supplier & factory in China.
Metal In China® has a large number of Carbon Steel Tube that meet American ASTM or AISI standards. Common specifications for Carbon Steel Tube include A36,A106, A53/A53B, A178,A210,A252,A333, etc. Generally, we can support fast delivery within 3-5 days according to your requirements, and the delivery cycle of specially customized products is about 10 days. Contact us now to get a competitive price or a free sample.
Square Carbon Welded Steel Pipe comes with a host of unique features that make it a valuable component in many industries. Please note that the specific features can vary depending on the type of carbon steel and the production process. Here are some of the standard features of square carbon welded steel pipe:
- High Strength: Carbon steel pipes are known for their high strength. They can withstand high pressure and heavy loads.
- Durable: Carbon steel pipes are highly durable and have a long service life. They have high resistance to wear and tear.
Square Carbon Welded Steel Pipe Supplier
- Weldability: They are easy to weld, which is a crucial feature for pipes that need to be fitted together. This makes them versatile for various applications.
- Corrosion Resistance: While not as corrosion-resistant as stainless steel, carbon steel pipes can be further treated or coated to enhance their resistance to corrosion. This makes them suitable for a variety of environments.
Square Carbon Welded Steel Pipe Factory in China
- Heat Resistant: Carbon steel pipes can withstand high temperatures and are not prone to damage under heat exposure. This makes them suitable for applications involving heat transfer.
- Cost-Effective: Carbon steel is more cost-effective compared to other materials like stainless steel, yet still offers good strength and durability.
Square Carbon Welded Steel Pipe Factory
- Shape: The square shape of the pipe provides structural advantages such as equal strength in all directions. It also provides a more efficient shape for many structural applications, and can be easier to assemble and store in large quantities.
- Versatility: They can be used in a wide range of applications, including construction, oil & gas industry, heating, water supply systems, plumbing, and many more.
China Square Carbon Welded Steel Pipe
- Environment-Friendly: Carbon steel is environmentally friendly as it can be recycled. After the end of its life cycle, the steel can be melted down and used again.
- Dimensional Accuracy: The manufacturing process of these pipes ensures high dimensional accuracy, which means that they fit together easily and precisely, improving the quality and speed of construction or assembly projects.
Square Carbon Welded Steel Pipe Stock in China
|Producttion Method||Hot Rolled/Cold Rolled|
|Standard||A36,A53/A53B,A106,A178, A210, A252,A333,A500 etc.|
|Wall Thickness||0.5MM~300MM（Customized on request）|
|Outer Diameter||21.3MM~660MM（Customized on request）|
|Length||Single random length/Double random length|
|Surface||1. Galvanized 2. PVC,Black and color painting 3. Transparent oil,anti-rust oil 4. According to clients requirement|
|Packing||Bundle, or with all kinds of colors PVC or as your requirements|
The manufacturing process of square carbon welded steel pipes involves a series of steps. Below is a general overview of this process:
- Coil Preparation: The process begins with a flat sheet of steel, known as a coil. The coil is inspected and prepared for processing.
- Uncoiling and Leveling: The coil is then uncoiled and passed through a leveler, which straightens it and removes any distortions.
- Shearing: After leveling, the edges of the coil are sheared to ensure a straight edge.
- Forming: The flat steel sheet is then passed through a series of roll stands that progressively form the flat sheet into a tube shape. This process is known as cold forming.
- Welding: The edges of the formed tube are then brought together and welded to create a continuous pipe. This welding process, known as Electric Resistance Welding (ERW), uses electric currents to generate heat and form a strong weld seam along the pipe’s length.
- Cooling: After welding, the pipe is cooled. This can be done using air or water, depending on the specific manufacturing setup.
- Cutting: Once cooled, the pipes are cut to the desired length.
- End Finishing: The ends of the pipes are then finished, which can include threading, facing, or bevelling, depending on the intended use of the pipe.
- Inspection: Each pipe is carefully inspected for quality. This can include visual inspection, as well as non-destructive testing methods such as ultrasonic testing or radiographic testing to detect any flaws in the pipe.
- Coating: If required, the pipes may be coated or galvanized for increased corrosion resistance. In the case of black carbon welded steel pipes, a layer of black varnish or lacquer is applied.
- Packing and Shipping: Finally, the pipes are bundled together, packed, and prepared for shipping.
Square carbon welded steel pipes are widely used across various industries due to their strength and versatility. Here are some common applications:
- Construction and Structural Engineering: These pipes are used for structural support in construction projects, including buildings, bridges, and other infrastructure due to their durability and strength.
- Industrial Applications: Welded square pipes are utilized in industries like chemical processing, oil and gas, and power plants. They can transport fluids or gases and serve as conduits for electrical wiring.
- Automotive Industry: In this sector, welded square pipes are used for manufacturing vehicle parts and frames due to their high impact resistance and flexibility.
- Furniture and Decor: The aesthetic appeal of square pipes makes them a popular choice for the design and manufacturing of furniture and home decor pieces. They are used to create various types of furniture and fixtures, including tables, chairs, bed frames, and shelving units.
- Fencing, Railings, and Gates: Their strength, shape, and size make them an excellent choice for fences, railings, and gates.
- Plumbing and HVAC: Although less common, in certain cases these pipes can be used for plumbing applications and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
- Agricultural Uses: They are used in the agricultural sector for various structures like greenhouses and irrigation systems.
The packaging of carbon steel square tubes is similar to that of rectangular pipes. Here are the typical steps involved:
- Bundling: The most common method for packaging is bundling, where multiple steel pipes are bound together using steel straps. Depending on the length and size of the pipes, the number in each bundle can vary.
- Wrapping: After bundling, the steel pipes can be wrapped in a plastic or waterproof paper to protect against rust and other environmental damage. This is particularly important for carbon steel, which can corrode easily if not properly protected.
- Crating: For especially large or heavy pipes, or for long-distance shipping, wooden or steel crates can be used to provide additional protection. Crating can prevent damage during loading, unloading, and transportation.
- End Protection: Caps can be placed on the ends of the pipes to protect them from damage and to prevent foreign objects from entering the pipe. This is especially important for threaded or beveled ends, which can be more susceptible to damage.
- Marking: Each bundle or crate is typically marked with identifying information, such as the size, grade, heat number, manufacturer’s name or logo, and any other information required by the customer or by shipping regulations.