AISI 1095 carbon steel is a high carbon steel, which means it has a high carbon content in the range of 0.90 – 1.03%. This high carbon content makes it a hard steel with high tensile strength and hardness but lower ductility. This makes it less suitable for welding, but it’s excellent for making products where high strength and hardness are required, such as springs and high-strength wires.
Contact us now, you will get cheap price with shipping cost from AISI 1095 Carbon Steel Tube supplier & factory in China.
Metal In China® has a large number of Carbon Steel Tube that meet American ASTM or AISI standards. Common specifications for Carbon Steel Tube include A36,A106, A53/A53B, A178,A210,A252,A333, etc. Generally, we can support fast delivery within 3-5 days according to your requirements, and the delivery cycle of specially customized products is about 10 days. Contact us now to get a competitive price or a free sample.
AISI 1095 is a high-carbon steel that falls within the plain carbon steel group. It is known for its excellent strength, hardness, and wear resistance. When used in tube form, AISI 1095 carbon steel exhibits several features and properties, including:
- High Carbon Content: AISI 1095 contains a high carbon content, typically ranging from 0.90% to 1.03%. This high carbon content contributes to the steel’s exceptional hardness and strength.
- High Strength and Hardness: AISI 1095 carbon steel offers excellent tensile strength and hardness, making it well-suited for applications where strength and durability are crucial. It has one of the highest carbon contents among plain carbon steels.
AISI 1095 Carbon Steel Tube Supplier
- Excellent Wear Resistance: Due to its high carbon content and hardness, AISI 1095 exhibits outstanding wear resistance. It can withstand abrasive forces, making it suitable for applications that involve friction and wear, such as cutting tools, blades, springs, and bearings.
- Limited Ductility: While AISI 1095 carbon steel offers impressive strength and hardness, it has limited ductility. It is considered a brittle material and may not be suitable for applications requiring high deformation or impact resistance.
AISI 1095 Carbon Steel Tube Factory in China
- Machinability: AISI 1095 can be machined, but it is more challenging compared to low-carbon steels. It requires careful selection of cutting tools and machining parameters to prevent excessive tool wear and achieve desired results.
- Weldability: AISI 1095 is not considered readily weldable due to its high carbon content and limited ductility. Welding processes can lead to cracking and brittleness in the heat-affected zone. However, it can be welded with specialized techniques and pre/post-weld heat treatment.
AISI 1095 Carbon Steel Tube Factory
China AISI 1095 Carbon Steel Tube
Carbon Steel Round Tube Stock in China
|Producttion Method||Hot Rolled/Cold Rolled|
|Standard||A36,A53/A53B,A106,A178, A210, A252,A333,A500 etc.|
|Wall Thickness||0.5MM~300MM（Customized on request）|
|Outer Diameter||21.3MM~660MM（Customized on request）|
|Length||Single random length/Double random length|
|Surface||1. Galvanized 2. PVC,Black and color painting 3. Transparent oil,anti-rust oil 4. According to clients requirement|
|Packing||Bundle, or with all kinds of colors PVC or as your requirements|
AISI 1095 carbon steel tubes are typically manufactured using the following processes:
- Hot Rolling:
- Billet Preparation: The manufacturing process begins with the preparation of a solid round billet of AISI 1095 carbon steel. The billet is heated to a high temperature to make it malleable for subsequent processing.
- Hot Rolling: The heated billet is then passed through a series of rolling stands to reduce its diameter and wall thickness. This process elongates the billet and forms it into a tube shape.
- Sizing: The hot-rolled tube is then passed through sizing rolls to achieve the final desired dimensions, ensuring precise outer diameter (OD) and wall thickness.
- Cooling and Finishing: After sizing, the tube is cooled and may undergo additional finishing operations such as straightening, cutting, and inspection.
- Cold Drawing:
- Hot Rolled Tube Preparation: The process starts with the production of hot-rolled tubes using the hot rolling method mentioned above.
- Cold Drawing: The hot-rolled tube is then pulled through a series of die and mandrel to reduce its diameter and wall thickness. This cold working process enhances the dimensional accuracy, surface finish, and mechanical properties of the tube.
- Annealing: Cold-drawn tubes may undergo an annealing process to relieve internal stresses and improve the tube’s ductility and machinability.
- Surface Treatment: The cold-drawn tube may undergo surface treatments such as pickling or phosphating to remove scale or improve corrosion resistance.
- Cutting and Finishing: The cold-drawn tube is cut to the required lengths and may undergo further finishing operations like straightening, inspection, and surface coating if necessary.
AISI 1095 carbon steel tubes find applications in various industries where a high carbon steel with excellent hardness and wear resistance is required. Due to its properties, AISI 1095 is commonly used in applications such as:
- Cutting Tools: AISI 1095 carbon steel tubes are widely used for manufacturing cutting tools such as knives, blades, saws, and shears. Its high hardness and excellent edge retention make it suitable for these applications.
- Springs and Fasteners: AISI 1095 carbon steel tubes are employed in the production of springs, including flat springs, coil springs, and leaf springs. They are also used in the manufacturing of fasteners such as screws and bolts that require high strength and resilience.
- Industrial Blades and Machine Parts: AISI 1095 carbon steel tubes are utilized in the fabrication of industrial blades and machine parts. They are used for cutting, shearing, and machining applications where high hardness, wear resistance, and durability are essential.
- Automotive Components: AISI 1095 carbon steel tubes find application in the automotive industry for various components. They are used in the manufacturing of springs, clutch discs, brake pads, and other parts that require high strength, hardness, and wear resistance.
- Tools and Dies: AISI 1095 carbon steel tubes are employed in the production of tools and dies used in metalworking and forming processes. They are used for stamping dies, punches, dies for drawing and extrusion, and other tooling applications.
- Industrial Machinery: AISI 1095 carbon steel tubes find use in various industrial machinery applications. They are employed in the manufacturing of gears, cams, shafts, and other components that require high strength, hardness, and wear resistance.
- Sporting Goods: AISI 1095 carbon steel tubes are used in the production of sporting goods such as knives, swords, axes, and various cutting tools for outdoor and recreational activities.
Packaging for carbon steel tube pipe must protect the product during transportation and storage, keeping them free from physical damage and environmental factors that could lead to rust or corrosion. Here are some common packaging methods:
- Bundling: The tubes are often bundled together, with steel straps or wires securing them. Each bundle is usually of the same size and length to aid in transportation and handling.
- End Protection: The ends of the tubes are often protected with plastic caps or metal bevel protectors. This helps to prevent any damage to the tube ends and keep out dirt and other contaminants.
- Wrapping: Bundles may be wrapped in a protective material such as waterproof paper, plastic sheeting, or a protective cloth. This helps to protect the tubes from environmental factors such as water and dust.
- Crating: In some cases, particularly for long-distance transportation or if the tubes are being shipped internationally, the bundles may be placed in wooden crates or boxes. This provides additional protection.
- Marking: Each bundle or tube is marked with information like the manufacturer’s name, product specification, size, length, heat number, and other relevant details. This helps in identification and traceability.
- Anti-Corrosion Measures: If the tubes are not already treated for corrosion resistance, they may be coated in oil or another anti-corrosion agent before packaging.
These are general methods and the exact packaging will depend on the supplier, the requirements of the customer, and the intended method of transport. Regardless of the specific packaging used, the goal is to protect the tubes and ensure they arrive at their destination in the best possible condition.