AISI 1030 carbon steel is a medium-carbon steel that has good machinability and is capable of being hardened, among other characteristics. The steel’s designation “AISI 1030” is based on the American Iron and Steel Institute’s classification system. The 1030 denotes a carbon content of approximately 0.30%.
Contact us now, you will get cheap price with shipping cost from AISI 1030 Carbon Steel Tube supplier & factory in China.
Metal In China® has a large number of Carbon Steel Tube that meet American ASTM or AISI standards. Common specifications for Carbon Steel Tube include A36,A106, A53/A53B, A178,A210,A252,A333, etc. Generally, we can support fast delivery within 3-5 days according to your requirements, and the delivery cycle of specially customized products is about 10 days. Contact us now to get a competitive price or a free sample.
AISI 1030 is a medium-carbon steel that belongs to the plain carbon steel group. It offers a balance of strength, ductility, and machinability, making it suitable for various applications. When used in tube form, AISI 1030 carbon steel exhibits several features and properties, including:
- Medium Carbon Content: AISI 1030 contains a medium carbon content ranging from 0.28% to 0.34%. This higher carbon content compared to low-carbon steels provides increased strength and hardness.
- Strength and Hardness: AISI 1030 carbon steel offers higher strength and hardness compared to low-carbon steels. It provides good mechanical properties, making it suitable for applications that require moderate strength and toughness.
AISI 1030 Carbon Steel Tube Supplier
- Good Machinability: AISI 1030 exhibits good machinability, allowing for ease of machining operations such as turning, milling, drilling, and tapping. It can be readily worked on with conventional machining techniques.
- Weldability: AISI 1030 can be welded using various welding methods, including arc welding, MIG welding, and TIG welding. Preheating and post-weld heat treatment may be necessary to prevent cracking and improve the overall weld quality.
AISI 1030 Carbon Steel Tube Factory in China
- Ductility and Formability: AISI 1030 carbon steel has good ductility, which allows it to be formed and shaped into various tube geometries. It can withstand bending, flaring, and other forming processes without significant risk of cracking or failure.
- Versatility: AISI 1030 carbon steel tubes find application in a wide range of industries, including automotive, construction, machinery, and general engineering. They are commonly used for structural components, shafts, gears, and other parts that require a balance of strength and machinability.
AISI 1030 Carbon Steel Tube Factory
- Surface Finish: The surface finish of AISI 1030 carbon steel tubes can vary depending on the manufacturing process. Common surface finishes include hot-rolled, cold-drawn, or cold-rolled. The choice of surface finish can impact dimensional accuracy and surface quality.
- Heat Treatment: AISI 1030 can be subjected to heat treatment processes such as annealing, normalizing, or quenching and tempering to further enhance its mechanical properties. Heat treatment can modify the strength, hardness, and toughness of the material according to specific requirements.
China AISI 1030 Carbon Steel Tube
Carbon Steel Round Tube Stock in China
|Producttion Method||Hot Rolled/Cold Rolled|
|Standard||A36,A53/A53B,A106,A178, A210, A252,A333,A500 etc.|
|Wall Thickness||0.5MM~300MM（Customized on request）|
|Outer Diameter||21.3MM~660MM（Customized on request）|
|Length||Single random length/Double random length|
|Surface||1. Galvanized 2. PVC,Black and color painting 3. Transparent oil,anti-rust oil 4. According to clients requirement|
|Packing||Bundle, or with all kinds of colors PVC or as your requirements|
AISI 1030 carbon steel tubes are typically manufactured using the following processes:
- Hot Rolling:
- Billet Preparation: The manufacturing process begins with the preparation of a solid round billet of AISI 1030 carbon steel. The billet is heated to a high temperature to make it malleable for subsequent processing.
- Hot Rolling: The heated billet is then passed through a series of rolling stands to reduce its diameter and wall thickness. This process elongates the billet and forms it into a tube shape.
- Sizing: The hot-rolled tube is then passed through sizing rolls to achieve the final desired dimensions, ensuring precise outer diameter (OD) and wall thickness.
- Cooling and Finishing: After sizing, the tube is cooled and may undergo additional finishing operations such as straightening, cutting, and inspection.
- Cold Drawing:
- Hot Rolled Tube Preparation: The process starts with the production of hot-rolled tubes using the hot rolling method mentioned above.
- Cold Drawing: The hot-rolled tube is then pulled through a series of die and mandrel to reduce its diameter and wall thickness. This cold working process enhances the dimensional accuracy, surface finish, and mechanical properties of the tube.
- Annealing: Cold-drawn tubes may undergo an annealing process to relieve internal stresses and improve the tube’s ductility and machinability.
- Surface Treatment: The cold-drawn tube may undergo surface treatments such as pickling or phosphating to remove scale or improve corrosion resistance.
- Cutting and Finishing: The cold-drawn tube is cut to the required lengths and may undergo further finishing operations like straightening, inspection, and surface coating if necessary.
AISI 1030 carbon steel tubes find applications in various industries where a medium carbon steel with good strength and wear resistance is required. Here are some common applications of AISI 1030 carbon steel tubes:
- Machinery and Equipment: AISI 1030 carbon steel tubes are utilized in the manufacturing of machinery and equipment. They are employed in the construction of machine frames, gears, shafts, axles, and other components that require good strength and wear resistance.
- Automotive Industry: AISI 1030 carbon steel tubes find application in the automotive industry for various components. They are used in the manufacturing of parts such as crankshafts, connecting rods, gears, and other components that require high strength and wear resistance.
- Construction Machinery: AISI 1030 carbon steel tubes are used in construction machinery and equipment. They find application in the manufacturing of components for excavators, loaders, bulldozers, and other heavy machinery that requires high strength and durability.
- Agricultural Machinery: AISI 1030 carbon steel tubes are employed in the fabrication of agricultural machinery and equipment. They are used for manufacturing components for tractors, harvesters, plows, and other agricultural equipment that requires good strength and wear resistance.
- Hydraulic Systems: AISI 1030 carbon steel tubes are utilized in hydraulic systems where they are employed for the transmission of hydraulic fluid and the operation of hydraulic cylinders and valves.
- Oil and Gas Industry: AISI 1030 carbon steel tubes find applications in the oil and gas industry. They are used for various applications, including piping and transportation of fluids in pipelines and oilfield equipment.
- Mining Equipment: AISI 1030 carbon steel tubes are employed in the manufacturing of components for mining equipment. They are used in applications such as drilling machinery, crushers, and material handling equipment that require high strength and wear resistance.
- Fitness Equipment: AISI 1030 carbon steel tubes find application in the manufacturing of fitness equipment such as exercise machines, weightlifting equipment, and gym accessories.
Packaging for carbon steel tube pipe must protect the product during transportation and storage, keeping them free from physical damage and environmental factors that could lead to rust or corrosion. Here are some common packaging methods:
- Bundling: The tubes are often bundled together, with steel straps or wires securing them. Each bundle is usually of the same size and length to aid in transportation and handling.
- End Protection: The ends of the tubes are often protected with plastic caps or metal bevel protectors. This helps to prevent any damage to the tube ends and keep out dirt and other contaminants.
- Wrapping: Bundles may be wrapped in a protective material such as waterproof paper, plastic sheeting, or a protective cloth. This helps to protect the tubes from environmental factors such as water and dust.
- Crating: In some cases, particularly for long-distance transportation or if the tubes are being shipped internationally, the bundles may be placed in wooden crates or boxes. This provides additional protection.
- Marking: Each bundle or tube is marked with information like the manufacturer’s name, product specification, size, length, heat number, and other relevant details. This helps in identification and traceability.
- Anti-Corrosion Measures: If the tubes are not already treated for corrosion resistance, they may be coated in oil or another anti-corrosion agent before packaging.
These are general methods and the exact packaging will depend on the supplier, the requirements of the customer, and the intended method of transport. Regardless of the specific packaging used, the goal is to protect the tubes and ensure they arrive at their destination in the best possible condition.