AISI 1020 carbon steel is a low hardness steel that has low carbon content and is relatively easy to machine. It is known for its excellent weldability and ductility. It is commonly used in a variety of industries for many different products due to these characteristics.
Contact us now, you will get cheap price with shipping cost from AISI 1020 Carbon Steel Tube supplier & factory in China.
Metal In China® has a large number of Carbon Steel Tube that meet American ASTM or AISI standards. Common specifications for Carbon Steel Tube include A36,A106, A53/A53B, A178,A210,A252,A333, etc. Generally, we can support fast delivery within 3-5 days according to your requirements, and the delivery cycle of specially customized products is about 10 days. Contact us now to get a competitive price or a free sample.
AISI 1020 is a low-carbon steel that falls under the category of plain carbon steels. It is a popular grade of steel due to its good machinability, weldability, and affordability. When used in tube form, AISI 1020 carbon steel offers several features and properties, including:
- Low Carbon Content: AISI 1020 contains a relatively low carbon content, typically around 0.18% to 0.23%. This makes it a mild steel with excellent ductility and formability.
- Good Weldability: AISI 1020 can be easily welded using common welding methods such as arc welding, MIG welding, and TIG welding. It responds well to heat treatment, allowing for various welding techniques and processes.
AISI 1020 Carbon Steel Tube Supplier
- Machinability: AISI 1020 has excellent machinability, meaning it can be easily machined and shaped into various forms, including tubes. It can be drilled, turned, milled, and tapped with relative ease, making it suitable for manufacturing applications.
- Strength and Hardness: AISI 1020 is not known for its high strength or hardness compared to some other steel grades. However, it still offers sufficient strength for many applications, especially when combined with appropriate heat treatment processes.
AISI 1020 Carbon Steel Tube Factory in China
- Versatility: AISI 1020 carbon steel tubes find application in various industries, including automotive, construction, machinery, and general engineering. They are commonly used for hydraulic systems, structural components, and low-pressure fluid transmission.
- Surface Finish: Depending on the manufacturing process and customer requirements, AISI 1020 carbon steel tubes can have different surface finishes, such as hot-rolled, cold-drawn, or cold-rolled. The surface finish affects the appearance, tolerance, and dimensional accuracy of the tubes.
AISI 1020 Carbon Steel Tube Factory
- Cost-Effectiveness: AISI 1020 is an affordable steel grade, making it a cost-effective choice for many applications. It provides a good balance of properties at a relatively low cost, making it widely available and accessible in the market.
China AISI 1020 Carbon Steel Tube
Carbon Steel Round Tube Stock in China
|Producttion Method||Hot Rolled/Cold Rolled|
|Standard||A36,A53/A53B,A106,A178, A210, A252,A333,A500 etc.|
|Wall Thickness||0.5MM~300MM（Customized on request）|
|Outer Diameter||21.3MM~660MM（Customized on request）|
|Length||Single random length/Double random length|
|Surface||1. Galvanized 2. PVC,Black and color painting 3. Transparent oil,anti-rust oil 4. According to clients requirement|
|Packing||Bundle, or with all kinds of colors PVC or as your requirements|
AISI 1020 carbon steel tubes are typically manufactured using the following processes:
- Hot Rolling:
- Billet Preparation: The manufacturing process begins with the preparation of a solid round billet of AISI 1020 carbon steel. The billet is heated to a high temperature to make it malleable for subsequent processing.
- Hot Rolling: The heated billet is then passed through a series of rolling stands to reduce its diameter and wall thickness. This process elongates the billet and forms it into a tube shape.
- Sizing: The hot-rolled tube is then passed through sizing rolls to achieve the final desired dimensions, ensuring precise outer diameter (OD) and wall thickness.
- Cooling and Finishing: After sizing, the tube is cooled and may undergo additional finishing operations such as straightening, cutting, and inspection.
- Cold Drawing:
- Hot Rolled Tube Preparation: The process starts with the production of hot-rolled tubes using the hot rolling method mentioned above.
- Cold Drawing: The hot-rolled tube is then pulled through a series of die and mandrel to reduce its diameter and wall thickness. This cold working process enhances the dimensional accuracy, surface finish, and mechanical properties of the tube.
- Annealing: Cold-drawn tubes may undergo an annealing process to relieve internal stresses and improve the tube’s ductility and machinability.
- Surface Treatment: The cold-drawn tube may undergo surface treatments such as pickling or phosphating to remove scale or improve corrosion resistance.
- Cutting and Finishing: The cold-drawn tube is cut to the required lengths and may undergo further finishing operations like straightening, inspection, and surface coating if necessary.
Both hot rolling and cold drawing manufacturing methods can be used to produce AISI 1020 carbon steel tubes. The choice of manufacturing method depends on factors such as the required dimensions, mechanical properties, and surface finish. Each method has its advantages and limitations, and the selection is based on the specific requirements of the application.
AISI 1020 carbon steel tubes find applications in various industries where a low to medium carbon steel with good machinability and weldability is required. Here are some common applications of AISI 1020 carbon steel tubes:
- Machinery and Equipment: AISI 1020 carbon steel tubes are widely used in the manufacturing of machinery and equipment. They are employed in the construction of machine frames, gears, shafts, axles, and other components that require good strength, ductility, and machinability.
- Automotive Industry: AISI 1020 carbon steel tubes are utilized in the automotive industry for various applications. They are used in the manufacturing of components such as drive shafts, axles, gears, and other parts that require good strength and machinability.
- Construction: AISI 1020 carbon steel tubes find application in the construction industry for structural purposes. They are employed in the construction of buildings, bridges, infrastructure projects, and other structural elements.
- Furniture and Decorative Applications: AISI 1020 carbon steel tubes are used in the manufacturing of furniture, handrails, and decorative elements. Their aesthetic appeal, strength, and weldability make them suitable for these applications.
- Agricultural Equipment: AISI 1020 carbon steel tubes are employed in the fabrication of agricultural equipment such as tillage tools, plow blades, and cultivator shanks.
- Hydraulic Systems: AISI 1020 carbon steel tubes are used in hydraulic systems where they are employed for the transmission of hydraulic fluid and the operation of hydraulic cylinders and valves.
- Bicycle Frames: AISI 1020 carbon steel tubes are commonly used in the construction of bicycle frames. They provide a balance of strength, weight, and cost-effectiveness for bicycle manufacturing.
- Fitness Equipment: AISI 1020 carbon steel tubes find application in the manufacturing of fitness equipment such as exercise machines, weightlifting equipment, and gym accessories.
Packaging for carbon steel tube pipe must protect the product during transportation and storage, keeping them free from physical damage and environmental factors that could lead to rust or corrosion. Here are some common packaging methods:
- Bundling: The tubes are often bundled together, with steel straps or wires securing them. Each bundle is usually of the same size and length to aid in transportation and handling.
- End Protection: The ends of the tubes are often protected with plastic caps or metal bevel protectors. This helps to prevent any damage to the tube ends and keep out dirt and other contaminants.
- Wrapping: Bundles may be wrapped in a protective material such as waterproof paper, plastic sheeting, or a protective cloth. This helps to protect the tubes from environmental factors such as water and dust.
- Crating: In some cases, particularly for long-distance transportation or if the tubes are being shipped internationally, the bundles may be placed in wooden crates or boxes. This provides additional protection.
- Marking: Each bundle or tube is marked with information like the manufacturer’s name, product specification, size, length, heat number, and other relevant details. This helps in identification and traceability.
- Anti-Corrosion Measures: If the tubes are not already treated for corrosion resistance, they may be coated in oil or another anti-corrosion agent before packaging.
These are general methods and the exact packaging will depend on the supplier, the requirements of the customer, and the intended method of transport. Regardless of the specific packaging used, the goal is to protect the tubes and ensure they arrive at their destination in the best possible condition.