T-channel steel, also known as T-bar or T-section, is a type of steel profile that has a T-shaped cross-section. It features a flat horizontal top section with a vertical stem or leg extending downwards. T-channel steel is commonly used in construction, manufacturing, and structural applications due to its versatility and strength.
Contact us now, you will get cheap price with shipping cost from Carbon Steel T Channel supplier & factory in China.
Metal In China® has a large inventory of Carbon Steel Channel that meet ASTM or AISI standards. The product series cover Carbon Steel U Channel ,T Channel Steel and Carbon Steel C Channel. We also provide galvanizing service, piercing service. Generally, we can support fast delivery within 3-5 days according to your requirements, and the delivery cycle of specially customized products is about 10 days. Contact us now to get a competitive price or a free sample.
T-channel steel, also known as T-bar or T-section, has several distinctive features that make it suitable for a range of applications. Here are the key features of T-channel steel:
- T-Shaped Cross-Section: T-channel steel features a T-shaped cross-section, with a horizontal top section and a vertical stem or leg extending downwards. This design provides structural stability and allows for easy attachment or connection to other components.
- Versatility: T-channel steel offers versatility in applications. It can be used as structural supports, framework, bracing, and framing members in various industries, including construction, manufacturing, and automotive.
T Channel Steel Supplier
- Strength and Load-Bearing Capacity: T-channel steel is typically made from carbon steel or alloy steel, providing good strength and load-bearing capacity. The size and thickness of the T-channel determine its load-carrying capabilities.
- Ease of Installation and Assembly: T-channel steel is relatively easy to install and assemble. Its design allows for convenient connection and integration with other components using bolts, welds, or fasteners.
T Channel Steel Factory in China
- Wide Range of Sizes: T-channel steel is available in various sizes, dimensions, and thicknesses to suit different applications. Common sizes range from smaller profiles used in light-duty applications to larger profiles for heavy-duty structural purposes.
- Cost-Effective: T-channel steel is generally cost-effective compared to other structural profiles. Its simple yet effective design makes it an economical choice for many construction and manufacturing projects.
T Channel Steel Factory
- Multiple Applications: T-channel steel finds applications in industries such as construction, infrastructure, automotive, manufacturing, and more. It is commonly used in building frames, machinery supports, equipment racks, trailer construction, and conveyor systems.
- Ease of Fabrication: T-channel steel is easily fabricated and can be cut, welded, drilled, and shaped to meet specific project requirements.
Galvanized T Channel Steel Channel
|Producttion Method||Hot Rolled|
|Dimensions||13/16"x 1-5/8" or 1-5/8" x 1-5/8",1-1/2"x1-1/2",3/4"x1-1/2"|
|Lengths||Either 10FT or 20FT or cut into the length according to clients' requirements|
|Thickness||1.5mm, 1.8mm,1.9mm,2.0mm, 2.3mm,2.5mm ,2.7mm|
|Surface||1. Galvanized 2. PVC,Black and color painting 3. Transparent oil,anti-rust oil 4. According to clients requirement|
|Packing||Bundle, or with all kinds of colors PVC or as your requirements|
The manufacturing technology for T-channel steel involves several steps. Here is a general overview of the process:
- Material Selection: The manufacturing process begins with the selection of the appropriate grade of carbon steel or alloy steel. The choice of steel grade depends on the desired mechanical properties and the specific application requirements.
- Hot Rolling: The first step in manufacturing T-channel steel is hot rolling. Large steel billets or slabs are heated to high temperatures and passed through a series of rolling mills. The rolling mills progressively reduce the thickness and shape the steel into the desired T-shaped cross-section.
- Cooling and Straightening: After hot rolling, the T-channel steel undergoes a cooling process to ensure it retains its shape and dimensional stability. Additionally, the channel may be straightened to remove any deformations or twists.
- Cutting to Length: The long lengths of T-channel steel produced during hot rolling are cut into individual sections of the desired length. This can be achieved through shearing, sawing, or other cutting processes.
- Surface Treatment: At this stage, the T-channel steel may undergo surface treatments to enhance its properties or appearance. Common surface treatments include galvanizing, painting, or coating with protective finishes.
- Quality Control: Throughout the manufacturing process, quality control measures are implemented to ensure the T-channel steel meets the required specifications and standards. This includes dimensional checks, visual inspections, and mechanical property testing.
- Packaging and Distribution: Finally, the finished T-channel steel sections are packaged and prepared for distribution to customers or further processing.
T-channel steel, also known as T-bar or T-section, finds various applications in different industries. Here are some common applications of T-channel steel:
- Construction: T-channel steel is widely used in the construction industry for structural applications. It is commonly used as support beams, lintels, and framing elements in buildings and other structures.
- Metal Fabrication: T-channel steel is utilized in metal fabrication for creating frameworks, frames, and structural components in various industries. It provides strength, stability, and versatility for custom fabrication projects.
- Industrial Shelving and Racking: T-channel steel is commonly used in industrial shelving and racking systems. It provides a sturdy and reliable support structure for storing heavy items in warehouses, manufacturing facilities, and storage spaces.
- Signage and Display Systems: T-channel steel is utilized in signage and display systems, such as outdoor signs, billboards, and exhibition booths. It provides a stable and durable framework for holding and mounting signage panels and displays.
- Agricultural Equipment: T-channel steel is employed in the manufacturing of agricultural equipment such as farm machinery, trailers, and livestock handling systems. It provides strength and rigidity to withstand the demanding conditions of agricultural operations.
- Automotive and Transportation: T-channel steel is used in the automotive and transportation industries for various applications. It can be used in the construction of vehicle frames, chassis components, and trailer frames.
- Solar Panel Mounting: T-channel steel is utilized in solar panel mounting systems. It provides a sturdy framework for supporting and securing solar panels on rooftops, ground-mounted systems, and solar farms.
- HVAC Systems: T-channel steel is employed in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems for the fabrication of ductwork, equipment supports, and mounting brackets.
The packaging of carbon steel channels, including U channels, typically involves several considerations to ensure safe transportation and handling. Here are some common methods used for packaging carbon steel channels:
- Bundles: Carbon steel channels are often bundled together using steel strapping or wire rope. The channels are aligned and secured tightly to form a compact bundle. This method is commonly used for smaller-sized channels.
- Steel Frames or Cradles: For larger and heavier carbon steel channels, steel frames or cradles may be used for packaging. The channels are placed horizontally within the frame or cradle, which provides support and keeps them in place during transportation and handling.
- Wooden Skids or Pallets: Carbon steel channels can be packaged on wooden skids or pallets to facilitate handling and transportation. The channels are stacked on top of each other on the skids or pallets, with appropriate dunnage or padding to prevent damage or movement.
- Protective Wrapping: To provide additional protection against moisture and physical damage, carbon steel channels may be wrapped with plastic or shrink wrap. This wrapping helps to keep the channels clean and prevents surface corrosion during storage or transit.
- Marking and Labeling: Carbon steel channels are typically marked and labeled for identification purposes. This includes labeling the bundles or packages with information such as channel size, grade, quantity, and any specific handling instructions.