Mild carbon steel, also known as low carbon steel, typically contains 0.05-0.25% carbon. It is a popular material due to its high ductility, malleability, weldability, and affordability compared to higher carbon and alloy steels.
Contact us now, you will get cheap price with shipping cost from Mild Carbon Steel Angle supplier & factory in China.
Metal In China® has a large inventory of steel angles that meet ASTM or AISI standards. The product series cover Equal Angle and Unequal Angle. According to the manufacturing process, it can be divided into hot-rolled steel angle and cold-rolled steel angle. We also provide galvanizing service, piercing service. Generally, we can support fast delivery within 3-5 days according to your requirements, and the delivery cycle of specially customized products is about 10 days. Contact us now to get a competitive price or a free sample.
Mild carbon steel, also known as low carbon steel, typically contains between 0.05% and 0.25% carbon. This results in a steel that has several beneficial properties which make it versatile and widely used in various industries. Here are some of the key features of mild carbon steel angles:
- Ductility and Malleability: Mild carbon steel is highly ductile and malleable. It can be easily formed into various shapes, making it ideal for manufacturing a wide range of products.
- Weldability: This type of steel is known for its excellent weldability. This makes it suitable for jobs where welding is required, such as in construction and manufacturing.
Custom Mild Carbon Steel Angle
- Machinability: Mild carbon steel can be easily cut and machined, making it useful in various fabrication and manufacturing processes.
- Strength and Toughness: While not as strong as high-carbon or alloy steels, mild carbon steel provides a good balance of strength and toughness, making it suitable for many applications.
Mild Carbon Steel Angle Factory in China
- Affordability: Mild carbon steel is generally less expensive than other types of steel, making it a cost-effective choice for many projects.
- Surface Hardening: While mild carbon steel is generally soft, it can undergo a process known as case hardening, which allows the surface layer to be hardened, thereby increasing its resistance to wear.
Mild Carbon Steel Angle Factory
China Mild Carbon Steel Angle
Custom Carbon Steel Angle in China
|Producttion Method||Hot Rolled/Cold Rolled|
|Standard||A36,A53/A53B,A106,A178, A210, A252,A333,A500 etc.|
|Thickness||0.125(or customized as required)|
|Max Length||240(or customized as required)|
|Surface||1. Galvanized 2. PVC,Black and color painting 3. Transparent oil,anti-rust oil 4. According to clients requirement|
|Packing||Bundle, or with all kinds of colors PVC or as your requirements|
Mild Carbon Steel Angles are also manufactured using similar processes as other steel products. Mild steel, also known as low carbon steel, typically contains 0.05% to 0.25% carbon, which gives it properties such as good ductility, malleability, and weldability, though at the cost of lower tensile strength.
Here are the general steps in manufacturing Mild Carbon Steel Angles:
- Iron Making: Iron ore, coke (a form of carbon), and limestone are heated in a blast furnace to produce molten iron.
- Steel Making: In the basic oxygen furnace (BOF), oxygen is blown into the molten iron to burn off impurities and reduce the carbon content. The amount of carbon left in the final product is carefully controlled to produce the desired mild steel. Alternatively, electric arc furnaces (EAF) may be used, where scrap steel is melted down and sometimes mixed with other materials to make new steel.
- Primary Forming: The steel is cast into basic shapes like large rectangular slabs or blooms.
- Hot Rolling: The cast steel is heated until it’s malleable and passed through a series of rollers that shape it into the final product. For unequal angles, different pressure may be applied on either side of the rollers to achieve the unequal lengths of the angle.
- Cold Rolling and Finishing: If a precise shape or smoother finish is required, the steel may undergo further processing such as cold rolling, where it’s passed through rollers at room temperature. It may also be coated or treated to prevent corrosion.
- Cutting: The long lengths of mild carbon steel angle are then cut to the desired lengths for sale.
- Inspection and Testing: The product undergoes rigorous testing and inspection at each stage to ensure it meets all necessary standards and specifications.
Mild carbon steel angles, also known as low carbon steel angles, are commonly used in a wide range of applications due to their excellent weldability, machinability, and ductility. Here are some of their common applications:
- Construction: Mild steel angles are widely used in the construction industry for structural applications such as building frames, bridges, and other infrastructure. They are often used in places where a lot of welding is required.
- Automotive Industry: They can be used in the manufacture of parts for vehicles due to their formability and weldability.
- Fabrication: Mild steel is easy to work with, making it a good choice for fabricating a wide variety of products, including industrial equipment, furniture, and more.
- Machinery Manufacturing: Mild steel angles can be used in various components of machines due to their strength and ease of fabrication.
- Home and Garden: Mild steel angles are used in a variety of home and garden applications, such as in the construction of fences, gates, or even furniture.
- Shipyards: Mild steel angles can be used in the construction of ship hulls and other parts due to their strength and ability to withstand a marine environment when properly treated.
- Industrial Storage Systems: They are used in the construction of storage systems like shelves and racks due to their strength and ease of assembly.
Carbon steel angles, due to their size and shape, require specific packaging methods to ensure they are properly protected during transportation and storage. Here’s a common method of packaging for carbon steel equal angle bars:
- Bundling: The angles are typically bundled together in groups, usually with metal straps. This keeps them secure and makes them easier to transport.
- Wrapping: The bundle might be wrapped in a protective material, such as plastic or waterproof paper. This helps protect the angles from moisture and other environmental conditions that might cause corrosion.
- Palletizing: In some cases, particularly for smaller sizes, the bundled angles might be placed on pallets for easy handling by forklifts.
- Identification: Each bundle will usually be labeled with details such as the size of the angles, the grade of the steel, the number of pieces in the bundle, and any relevant standards or certifications. This ensures that the correct materials are used for each project.
- Containerization: For long-distance or international shipping, the bundles may be loaded into shipping containers for protection.